see also representation (was Re: "How do I represent...?")

"John R. Daily" <jdaily@progeny.com> writes:

> * I would like to formalize the "See also" concept. I don't think a
> bibliography is what I'm aiming for, although if that should be used,
> that's fine. I intend to provide a unique document identifier to each
> document, and I would like to be able to provide a list of such
> identifiers in the meta-information for each document, perhaps with a
> relationship value to indicate the relevance of the other document.

I'm hitting this problem right now since I'm using DocBook (SGML)
for online help.

Does anyone have any "best practices" or experiences to share about
this?  I'm thinking I need a little element kinda like NOTE or
whatever that carries this stuff.  Shouldn't be too hard to hack up
the SGML modular extension and DSSSL stuff for it, but I don't wanna
do more than I have to...