This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html
- From: "Eve L. Maler" <elm at east dot sun dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:51:20 -0500
- References: <Adam Di Carlo's message of "21 Dec 1999 11:24:26 -0500"><199911300230.VAA16955@dhcpp8449.resnet.oberlin.edu><firstname.lastname@example.org><19991205204438.A13212@dhcpp8449.resnet.oberlin.edu><email@example.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
I would say to use the keywords in the keywordset, which are flat and can
be concatenated and separated with commas.
At 12:24 PM 12/21/99 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
>| Would it be possible to provide some means for populating a
>| "description" HTML Meta tag? We already have a means for populating
>| the "keyword" meta tag, and "description" is useful for all the same
>| reasons. That is, it is useful for search indexing, see
>That looks like an abstract to me, Adam. Perhaps <abstract><simpara>,
>if present, should go in the meta description field?
>Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Entropy isn't what it used to be.
>Member, DocBook Editorial Board |
Eve Maler Sun Microsystems
elm @ east.sun.com +1 781 442 3190