This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:24:48 -0500
- References: <199911300230.VAA16955@dhcpp8449.resnet.oberlin.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <19991205204438.A13212@dhcpp8449.resnet.oberlin.edu> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
/ Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
| Would it be possible to provide some means for populating a
| "description" HTML Meta tag? We already have a means for populating
| the "keyword" meta tag, and "description" is useful for all the same
| reasons. That is, it is useful for search indexing, see
That looks like an abstract to me, Adam. Perhaps <abstract><simpara>,
if present, should go in the meta description field?
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Entropy isn't what it used to be.
Member, DocBook Editorial Board |