This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Including OS Version information on DocBook elements
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Including OS Version information on DocBook elements
- From: Karl Eichwalder <ke at suse dot de>
- Date: 21 Dec 1999 17:16:57 +0100
- References: <19991221122224.B75275@catkin.nothing-going-on.org>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Nik Clayton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| We would then have a pre-processor that, given the name of a
| specific release, would run through the documentation, stripping out
| all the elements whose osversion* attributes didn't match that
| release, before handing the SGML over to a formatter like Jade.
Wondering again why people refuse to use SGML and "marked sections"...
XML is to please machines and not to make the writer happy.
[BTW, it isn't clever to do exessive mailinglist crossposting.]
work : email@example.com
Karl Eichwalder home : firstname.lastname@example.org