This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: recursive table?
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: recursive table?
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:57:30 -0500
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
/ Chang Liu <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
| Is there a way to embed a table within another table in DocBook?
| In HTML, tables can appear in a cell of other tables. I tried to
| do the same thing in DocBook but can't pass the compiler. Is
| this feature supported?
No. It is explicitly prevented. You can put 'entrytbl's inside
'entry's, but that's only a single level.
In general, nested tables are very, very difficult to format.
(HTML "succeeds" because it provides only fairly coarse controls
on table formatting.)
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Always do one thing less than you
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | think you can do.--Bernard Baruch
Member, DocBook Editorial Board |