This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist?
- To: DOCBOOK at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Equation Enhancement Idea - Wishlist?
- From: satchell at merry dot dera dot gov dot uk
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:11:18 GMT
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
As I understand it equations in DocBook are actually just graphics. This is
a lowest common denominator. Would it be possible at some time in the future
to allow equations in MathML. I know the tools are not really mature yet, but
it would allow the "equation-ness" to be retained, and allow neat things
like including the mathematical nature of the algorithm to be included with
code documenting it. Clearly TeX can output equations, and some web browsers
already have some MathML support. Is this a sensible thing for the future?
Perhaps in version 6 ?
The above is my personal opinion, and does not represent the opinion of any