This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
RE: Doc version number
- To: Matt dot Mozur at emg dot sms dot siemens dot com
- Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Doc version number
- From: Yasushi Shoji <yashi at yashi dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 20:58:03 -0500
- cc: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- References: <51A1A0ED18BDD111AA3000805FA75D790119575F@emg-exch01.emg.sms.siemens.com>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
From: Mozur Matt <Matt.Mozur@EMG.SMS.SIEMENS.COM>
Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Doc version number
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:44:31 -0500
> In short, I guess I am saying that I would like to have the current
> document revision in the meta-information for the book, and I would
> like this info to be displayed in HTML output. It seems like I'll have to
> modify the stylesheets, but I was wondering if there was some way I
> am not aware of to do this without doing any mods.
i just found following tags:
are those what you are looking for?
> I tried the $Id$ tag in the meta-info, but it has the same problem...
> not displayed.
$Id$ is not a tag. It is used/expanded by CVS or RCS, AFAIK.
I assume you are not using any version controle system.
hope this helps,