This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [DSSSL Stylesheets] bugs and vertical spacing changes
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: [DSSSL Stylesheets] bugs and vertical spacing changes
- From: Adam Di Carlo <adam at onshore dot com>
- Date: 14 Nov 1999 19:09:55 -0500
- Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- References: <email@example.com> <823-Sun14Nov1999165604firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> writes:
> / Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
> | ;; hack
> | (element (itemizedlist listitem para)
> | (if (first-sibling?)
> | (make paragraph
> | space-after: %para-sep%
> | start-indent: (if (member (current-node) (outer-parent-list))
> | %body-start-indent%
> | (inherited-start-indent))
> | (process-children-trim))
> | ($paragraph$)))
> What purpose does this self-described hack serve? Dealing with
> listitem content is very irksome and I'm not anxious to make it
> even more complicated if it isn't necessary.
There is a phenomenal amount of vertical whitespace which occurs at
the head of itemizedlists. My diagnosis was that the
element nesting was causing all that extra vertical whitespace.
So what I'm doing here is just suppressing the space-before whitespace
for para items which occur in this context.
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>