This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Announce: DocBk XML 3.1.7/XSL Stylesheets V0.18
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Announce: DocBk XML 3.1.7/XSL Stylesheets V0.18
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:16:10 -0500
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
I've just published DocBk XML V3.1.7. I *finally* wrote a
program to diff the SGML and XML versions and found a few more
rough edges. Most dramatically, <informalfigure> was missing
from a bunch of places.
I can think of only two really significant ways in which DocBk
XML V3.1.7 differs from DocBook V3.1:
1. It has no inclusions or exclusions. But it does have
indexterm and beginpage explicitly called out in many content
models, making the actual differences smaller than they might at
2. You can't have the "pernicious mixed content" problem in XML,
so the content model of entry really sucks. (It's a mixture of
#PCDATA and both inline and block content; so the DTD can't
prevent you from saying:
But there's nothing we can do about it, as far as I can see.
Oh, DocBk XML V3.1.7 implies that "Simplified" DocBook V188.8.131.52
is also out.
And, finally, I've released DocBook XSL Stylesheets V0.18. In
light of Sean's excellent suggestion to create an xhtml
directory and because I tweaked a few things, I thought one more
test release was in order. This will (really) serve as one last
sanity check. Please let me know if you find any problems.
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Every day is a good day.--Yun-men
Member, DocBook Editorial Board |