Norm writes:

| the spacing after the list with CSS1.

Why couldn't I add the appropriate property to the <ul> to control
it's space-after?

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

I meant that if you want to have a different spacing for a list inside a para
compared to any old list then you can't define the appropriate selector
in CSS1, where with my suggestion you could use "div ul"  for lists in para
and just "ul" for all other lists.

Clearly, my suggestion is of use only for those who want a very
pedantic rendering in HTML, assuming that the DocBook document was
written with the same notion of "pedantic".

Regards,
Nir.
Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics