Re: [docbook-apps] db2man: base.dir param doesn't work

Yes, I'm talking about the manpages/docbook.xsl stylesheet.

The last time I generated manpages from docbook it was not
an xsl process -  it was torturous, so I'm grateful for your work
on this stylesheet.

Michael Smith wrote:
Denis Bradford <denis.bradford@verizon.net> writes:

The base.dir param seems to have no effect with the db2man stylesheet. I've tried it both in the stylesheet and from the command line.

I'm running with docbook.xsl 1.68.1 with saxon 6.4.3

That is by design. Support for the base.dir param has not yet been
implemented for manpages output. In fact, there is not support yet
in the manpages stylesheet for *any* user-configurable parameters.

But there will be in the next stylesheet release. I recently
checked in some of the litprog infrastructure parts needed for
auto-generating docs for manpage parameters. Now I just need to
start actually implementing support for the parameters. The first
two will be params to toggle hyphenation and right-justification.

If you want support for base.dir to be added, please file a
manpages enhancement request at Sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=516914&group_id=21935&func=browse

And just to be clear, you mean the manpages/docbook.xsl stylesheet, right?

--Mike