Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook on Mac?

Hi Tom,

I have been using DocBook on OS X for some time. Like you, it took me a while to get things working to my satisfaction, but I have got it to the point that I am quite happy.

I am using:

xsltproc for HTML and FO, from http://www.zveno.com/open_source/libxml2xslt.html

XEP (commercial) for FO to PDF, from http://www.renderx.com/tools/xep.html

If you are used to Linux, you may be happy with working in the terminal, in which case you can do the same on OS X. If you prefer GUI tools, I recommend JEdit (www.jedit.org), as it has plugins to validate the XML against the DocBook DTD, and other nice XML things.

TextWrangler is also useful (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/index.shtml) as it can open and save to folders that are normally hidden from GUI tools by the system - great for editing the catalogue file that xsltproc likes to have in /etc/xml/

Contact me off-list if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Nick.