Re: [docbook-apps] anchors give strange effect with CSS

it's all down to mime type. when mozilla recieves something as "text/html" it will treat it as an HTML. when mozilla gets a page as "application/xhtml+xml" it will treat it as XML.

this makes sense in that in HTML there are no empty elements, thus the style is activated on the start tag and ends at the next end tag (even if this is a 'proper' (<a></a) tag in the second paragraph). in XML empty elements are fine and so there's no problem.

how you configure this is dependent on server and server os, but with my system (linux+apache) defaults i just made a copy of the test webpage with an .xhtml extension and the bug went away

HTH,

Ian

David Holroyd wrote:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:43:17PM +0100, Ruiter, Epco de (RBI-NL)