Re: [docbook-apps] many problems with converting DocBook XML to PDF

Am Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2004 01:52 schrieben Sie:
> Wolfgang,
>
> I use XEP -
>
>   http://www.renderx.net/Content/tools/xep.html
>
> It works very well, but it's not free. You can download a demo
> version and try it out.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any information concerning pricing on the RenderX
website.  How much is it?

In addition, XEP's problem is that it doesn't handle MathML.  So you probably
have to rely on MathML-to-SVG converters which produces this funny "formula
output which looks like it would appear in your children's
excercise-books". :)

> [...]

> You might consider trying DB2LaTeX -
>
>   http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/
>
> It uses LaTex instead of relying on XSL-FO.

I already tried it.  In my previous e-mail I talked about missing author
lines.  Absence or the author line was exactly the problem I experienced with
DB2LaTeX as soon as I started to try it.  So it falls under the category
"unusable" if nobody can tell me how to get rid of this problem and if not
lots of similar problems appear.

> [...]

Wolfgang