Re: [docbook-apps] Page numbering - publish by chapter

Chris Johnson wrote:

I have been following the docbook-apps thread "Page numbering in pdf
output", and I'm wondering if there is a related functionality to set
the starting page number. I'm publishing a ~600 page doument and the
client would like the document to be available as a complete book *as
well as* a series of individual chapters. The catch is, they would like
to preserve the page numbering from the book to the chapter excerpts.

Is this possible with XSL-FO and XEP? (I will cc: the XEP list)

You can split resulting PDF with some PDF manipulation tools or you can apply XSLT to XEP intermediate format and create smaller intermediate file for each chapter and then run XEP on these chapter files to get PDFs.