[docbook-apps] Orphan Control in PDF output: Yes, jadetex.cfg trick works

Kevin sent me a tip last week that I thought it might be helpful to
confirm. This is for orphan control in PDF output.

Create in your working directory a file jadetex.cfg and add the line

\raggedbottom \topskip 1\topskip plus \normalbaselineskip

This will handle orphan control / widow control by allowing additional
(one line, I think) flexibility in page length, so that shorter pages
get lengthened and longer pages get shortened by an otherwise
unnoticeable amount, and you no longer end up with one-line pages and
other unattractive nonsense in your PDF output.

Yours,
Aaron Weber