Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Is DOCTYPE only generated in chunking?

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:26:26AM +0100, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / John Himpel <jwhimpel at tseinc dot com> was heard to say:
> | I was attempting to run "HTML Validation" at www.w3.org, when I seem to
> | have discovered that using html/docbook.xsl as the top-level stylesheets
> | does not generate a DOCTYPE declaration.  However, using either
> | chunk.xsl or onechunk.xsl does.
>
> Are you sure you didn't change something else? I can't reproduce your
> experience. I don't get a DOCTYPE for any of html/docbook.xsl,
> html/onechunk.xsl, or html/chunk.xsl.

Norm, what processor are you using?  xsltproc outputs
an HTML DOCTYPE for chunk.xsl and onechunk.xsl.
I think its serializer does that when output
method is "html".  Saxon does not by default, but
it can be turned on for chunk.xsl and onechunk.xsl
by setting the chunker.output.doctype-public and
chunker.output.doctype-system stylesheet parameters.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com