This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: non breaking hyphen
- From: Bob Stayton <bobs at caldera dot com>
- To: ABX <abx at abx dot art dot pl>
- Cc: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:16:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: non breaking hyphen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 05:11:54PM +0100, ABX wrote:
> I diged isoents directory but can't find what entity is used to mark non
> breaking hyphen? Have I only to put code follow
> http://www.biglist.com/lists/dssslist/archives/199902/msg00016.html or there
> is something named? Any help? Thanks in advance.
There is no named entity in DocBook for Unicode character
x2011, non-breaking hyphen. That message you mention
describes how to handle it for DSSSL. In an XML file, you
can simply enter "‑", but the character may not be
supported in the output font.
Bob Stayton 400 Encinal Street
Publications Architect Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Technical Publications voice: (831) 427-7796
The SCO Group fax: (831) 429-1887