Re: Help please: new user questions

Hi Juan,

Unfortunately, still no luck. Different error messages again: can't
open this file, can't open that file, can't find whatever.dsl, can't
do this, can't do that, does not conform to DSSSL whatever, article
type unspecified, blah...

I just wish someone would come up with a package that installed
DocBook things ready to go. This is the most difficult software I have
ever had to install in 10 years. I wonder why it has to be so
difficult? I have a book on DocBook, but apart from fine functioning
as a paperweight, it's useless.

Maybe I should suggest to OASIS what my experiences have been and urge
them to write a beginner's document in plain, simple language of how
to use DocBook, especially on Windows because UNIX users have the
luxury of sgmltools/sgmltools-lite, and binary packages as rpms, debs,
etc. Windows users are stuck with broken Jades and OpenJades it seems.
There should be an EXE programme that installs the lot ready to go, so
one can issue a command on the command line and use DocBook straight
away.

Cheers,
James