Re: Again: Apache FOP,Docbook: Features/Versions,"complete" Docbook distribution

ttg@charter.net wrote:

> Juan,
> OK, now I am REALLY confused!
>
> First I thought that DSSSL was a dying, gasping on the
> beach dead fish, kind of standard since it isn't well supported,
> etc.   And XML/XSLM was the "new and better way to go."
>
> Now you throw in TEX stuff!!! Wowsers, is there any
> other path you could recommend to help me get
> further lost?  <grin>
> <etc...>
> tim

Hello tim:

I remember answering a concise question from somebody named "Alex".
This question was no theoretical, but practical, and I give a pragmatic
answer.

If a theoretical answer were needed, I would keep silent: in this list
there are plenty of people with deeper knowledge about all this stuff
than mine (quite poor by the way).

I'm sorry If you feel lost due to my little contribution. I know you posted
some question some days ago. I don't remember what was it about,
but surely I didn't know the answer. This is why I didn't reply to it.

Best regards,

Juan R. Migoya
SPAIN

> 1/15/02 10:29:52 AM, "Juan R. Migoya" <jmigoya@ingeteam.es> wrote:
>
> >A tool chain which works is XML to TEX trough Jade and DSSL
> >and TEX to PDF...

<snip>...