Re: authoritative source for SGML ISO character entitydefinitions?

Matt G. writes:

> Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious or well-known, but I
> recently discovered that I ought to be using the SGML character entities,
> if I'm using DSSSL (yup, the 'ol "X00E1" is not a function name error).
> Once I discovered that I needed these entities, I reviewed all the
> documents I knew of, which describe installing DocBook, and couldn't find
> any pointer to the SGML ISO character entities.
>
> BTW, To fix the above error, all I had to do was install the entity
> definition files, which take the form 'iso-*.gml', (though the ones I
> found are potentially stale, which is why I'm asking) and create a catalog
> file that maps each PUBLIC identifier for one of these files to the SGML
> version.  Then, I placed the path to this file in my SGML_CATALOG_FILES
> environment variable, *before* the docbook.cat that was included with the
> XML DTD.  I don't know whether the first PUBLIC -> SYSTEM identifier
> mapping is supposed to take precedence over any following ones, but it
> seems to work this way with OpenJade 1.3.
>
> (I just thought I'd write up the above paragraph, as I had surprising
> difficulty finding this information in the mailing list archives, though
> maybe I was just unlucky in which of my search hits I chose to read,
> first.)

Have a look at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200011/msg00183.html

To summarize: The entities I use is located at

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/ISOEnts.zip

I don't know if this is the "authorative" version, but the name suggests so.
Anyway, they work perfectly for me!

Best regards

   Rune