Re: howto rollback cygwin 3.1.4-1 to older 3.0.7 version?

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 09:50:44 +0500
Eugene Klimov wrote:
> > > inside windows 10 (build 1909)
> > > just open WIN+R cmd.exe
> > This start cmd.exe.
> > > type
> > > `ssh root@my_redhat_entrise_linux_7.2`
> > This uses windows OpenSSH to connect linux.
> no, i install cygwin ssh package
> and i have `c:\cygwin64\bin\` in PATH environment rather than
> `c:\windows\system32\OpenSSH`
> so ssh.exe it's a cygwin process
>
> > This runs screen command in Linux.
> > Where does Cygwin's concern?
> ;) as I see it's more related to old `screen` version inside RHEL 7.2
> than cygwin concern ;(
>
> I tried to run
> `C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\ssh.exe root@my_rhel_72_host`
> and found bugs which look like same under Cygwin ssh, but different
> little bit ;-)
> also, I run
> `C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\ssh.exe -i private_key vagrant@127.0.0.1 -p 2222`
> and on my Ubuntu 18.04 screen works fine
>
> > > and view lot of bugs with wrong keys behaviors:
> > > - ctrl+space hotkey not worked (not only in `screen`, but in any cygwin executable)
> > What is your expectation by ctrl+space? This normally sends
> > ^@ (0x00) to client. Is this as you expected?
> sorry to mislead you
> I mean `ALT+SPACE`
> it's a hotkey for show window main menu
>
> > > - `left arrow`, `backspace` and `delete` keys works wrong like a `right arrow`
> > What happen if you use these keys?
> under latest cygwin 3.1.4 + ssh 8.2p1-1 behavior look like I press
> space or press "right arrow"
> https://recordit.co/thJJRbFzUp
>
> under win32 openssh behavior different
> https://recordit.co/ffAqC8BvtC
>
> under cygwin1.dll 3.0.7 and c:\cygwin64\bin\ssh.exe 8.2p1-1 behavior
> look like normal
> https://recordit.co/E0E8sfWGyY

I could reproduce your problem with screen 4.02.01 in debian
jessie.

I also found this does not occur if
vbell off
is added to .screenrc

However, this seems to be a problem in xterm emulation of
windows. So, I will make a patch (just a workaround) for this
issue.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>