Re: Issue with email -a (Zip files)

On 2020-01-30 23:40, Priyanka Joshi wrote:
> On Friday, January 31, 2020 3:27 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2020-01-30 02:21, Priyanka Joshi wrote:
>>> I am facing issue when I am trying to send zip file as attachment,
>>> same command works fine for xml file.
>>>
>>> PFB commands for reference:
>>>
>>> Below command worked fine and sent testng.xml as attachment email -s "BHN
>>> Test Automation Report" -a testng.xml priyanka.joshi@bhnetwork.com
>>>
>>> email -s "BHN Test Automation Report" -a allure-report.zip
>>> priyanka.joshi@bhnetwork.com ==> Not triggering any email and not
>>> throwing any error.
>>>
>>> Please let us know how to debug and fix the zip attachment issue.

>> Cygwin email requires -b option flag, body text on stdin, or invokes your
>> editor for body text entry to send emails.
>> First, check location, version, and test:
>>
>> 	$ which email
>> 	/usr/bin/email
>> 	$ email --version
>> 	email - By Dean Jones; Version 3.2.3-git
>> 	$ email -b -s "Test zip send" -a Downloads/....zip above-email-address
>>
>> worked for me, with a random downloaded small zip file, also worked whether
>> I echoed or redirected text into stdin, or did neither and typed body text
>> into the editor window opened on a tmp file.
>>
>> Corporate networks often have filters and strict rules about what may be
>> included in a zip file, may be both outgoing and incoming; they could even
>> have Outlook, other email client, or generic email filters on your desktop
>> system.
>> Talk to your IT mail and security admins to find out what is filtered where.
>> Try renaming the zip file as if xml or something safe, and see if that
>> works, and if not, try putting your xml in a zip file, and see if that
>> works.

> Can you please let me know if there is any way to check SMTP error logs for
> the email not getting sent.>
> I am trying to enable the logs but facing issue with inetmgr.dll and
> smtpsnap.dll and not seeing SMTP option under IIS.>
> PFB updates on the steps shared:>
>> which email> /usr/bin/email>
>> email --version> email - By Dean Jones; Version 3.2.3-git>
> try putting your xml in a zip file, and see if that works. ==>It worked>
>> email -b -s "Test zip send" -a test.zip priyanka.joshi@bhnetwork.com>
> Try renaming the zip file as if xml or something safe>
> ==>Tried renaming to xml but email was not triggered, I will check with the
> network team if there are any restrictions
Your email site or system configuration should be in /etc/email/email.conf where
you should configure your global system SMTP server characteristics,
authentication settings, sendmail location and options, gpg/2 location and
options, etc.;
you should copy these options into your personal configuration ~/.email.conf,
which overrides whether the global file /etc/email/email.conf is looked for,
where you should also configure your name, email and reply to addresses, .sig
file location, address book, authorization username and password, and email log
directory SAVE_SENT_MAIL (suggest using ~/.config/email/, ~/.email/ or perhaps
~/) in which email will create file email.sent, where you can see what email has
done.

When testing problematic files, add option flag -V, --verbose to see what email
thinks is happening.