How to fix mv under SMB/CIFS?

Hi,

Main question is how to make mv behave intelligently when used in SMB filesystem?

Its probably obvious but "intelligently" in this context means do simple move between the same file system (SMB to same SMB), and only use copy-delete under different file systems (usually different computers).

Long story... I changed computers, re-installed Cygwin, and now mv is always copying when I use mv. On the old computer it didn't do that. Of course I don't remember if I did something to make it that way on the old computer (long time user of Cygwin, and Unix).

Thanks for any pointers, even if it is RTFM, which I have done.
--
R.Berber