Re: headache on build repeatibility: octave vs BLODA ?

On Jan 28 07:41, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 27.01.2020 um 12:33 schrieb Takashi Yano:
> > On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 07:45:08 +0100
> > Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > > Can you and Takashi provide me your cygcheck.out so that I can look on
> > > possible difference that could influence the build behaviour.
> >
> > Attached.
> >

> Thanks Takashi,
>
> I duplicated your installation from scratch on my W10 Home
> and it fails again in the same place.
>
> So I am now almost sure that the recent MS updates changed/broke
> something in W10 Home. :-((
>
> Assuming it does not break German systems and left immune
> Japanese ones  :-?
>
> I will try to install the same in a W10 Pro and if that
> does not segfault I can try the lengthy process to compare
> the object/dll/exec files to see where is the difference.
>

> Corinna,
> there are specific code differences in Cygwin DLL between
> W10 Home and Pro ?

Sorry for the late reply, Marco.

No, there are no code differences in Cygwin based on "Home" vs.  "Pro"
vs. "Enterprise" editions.  Differences are mainly based on Windows
versions, as in W10 1803, W10 1809, etc.  Other differences in code
execution are based on workstation vs. server (evaluating scheduling
timing from registry) or stand-alone vs. domain machine (passwd/group
stuff).  Of course, even small differences in your setup (Windows
permissions, etc.) may lead to very different code execution.

If you suspect a Cygwin bug, it would be helpful to see an strace
of the crash.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen