Re: headache on build repeatibility: octave vs BLODA ?

Am 28.01.2020 um 18:25 schrieb ASSI:
Achim Gratz writes:
Same thing here…

Since some of the discussion revolved on Windows versions: that is on
Win10 Pro 1909, fully patched.  I no longer have a system with 1809
since the period where you could hold up the update has expired
recently.  There is an ISO image for Windows Server 2016 LTS
(essentially 1709 I think) that you can use for free for 90 days (you
can install it into a VHD and then boot that).  To (offixcially) get other Windows
versions for testing you'd either have to have the licenses or have some
sort of subscription with MSDN.  If you do have older install media or
ISO, then of course you can do the install into the VHD trick again.  A
Win 10 Pro can boot the VHD in a Hyper-V instance.

Regards,
Achim.

Ok Achim,
you destroyed my theory

I just found that my W10 Home is 1909 build 18363.592 so probably was updated as your around mid Jan

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/

But Corporate versions have different time table and patch

the one I have is Version 1709 Build 16299.15
It seems Corporate IT is forgetting to update it at all.

May be Takashi one is also behind in update and currently free
from the new bug/behaviour.

What I found interesting is that
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1909

This release had caused problems to some AV, so may be is changing
the play in area that are causing problems also to us.

Regards
Marco