Re: headache on build repeatibility: octave vs BLODA ?

Am 25.01.2020 um 19:15 schrieb Brian Inglis:
On 2020-01-25 09:55, Marco Atzeri wrote:

Now I am seriously thinking about BLODA, but I have not
noted any difference from the two AVs I was using
Antivir and MS Defender, so I am wandering if last
update for W10 Home x64 is the culprit.

Also what W10 feature release YYMM and/or build NNNNN are you on?

Betriebssystemname:                            Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Betriebssystemversion: 10.0.18363 Nicht zutreffend Build
 18363

Can anyone try to rebuild the Octave package and let me know
if the segfault during test is present or not in your system ?

Be aware that build time is very long (~ 4 hours) and requires
a ton of mathematical libraries.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Should this discussion perhaps be handled on cygwin-apps?
We don't always want to advertise just how messy the Cygwin package making
sausage factory can be. ;^>

Sausage and Beer are a serious matter here in Munich;
and both production must be clean and transparent ;-)

I believe the following Cygwin tools and libraries packages, pulled from the
package doc build dependencies, and found and filtered using apt-cyg listall, to
be sufficient, but may not all be necessary, and should be added to
octave.cygport, where it can be used as a build dependency install package list
for apt-cyg or setup:

DEPEND="autoconf automake bison flex gcc-core gcc-fortran gcc-g++ gperf gnuplot
libtool make texinfo libopenblas liblapack-devel libpcre-devel libarpack-devel
libparpack-devel libcurl-devel libfftw3-devel libfltk-devel libfontconfig-devel
libfreetype-devel libglpk-devel libgl2ps-devel libGraphicsMagick-devel
libhdf5-devel libllvm-devel libportaudio-devel libQtOpenGL4-devel libqhull-devel
libqrupdate-devel libqscintilla2-devel libqscintilla2_qt4-devel
libqscintilla2_qt5-devel libqt3-devel libsuitesparseconfig-devel
libsundials-devel zlib-devel"

Are there any changes you would make, especially for arpack, OpenGL, qt, scintilla?

As I mentioned it needs a ton of libraries but I built with QT5

 $ grep "libraries:" config.log
Fortran libraries: -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../lib -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../.. -lm -lsuitesparseconfig -lgfortran -lquadmath -lcygwin -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32
  Lex libraries:
  AMD libraries:                 -lamd -lsuitesparseconfig
  ARPACK libraries:              -larpack
  BLAS libraries:                -lblas
  BZ2 libraries:                 -lbz2
  CAMD libraries:                -lcamd -lsuitesparseconfig
  CARBON libraries:
  CCOLAMD libraries:             -lccolamd -lsuitesparseconfig
  CHOLMOD libraries:             -lcholmod -lsuitesparseconfig
  COLAMD libraries:              -lcolamd -lsuitesparseconfig
  CURL libraries:                -lcurl
  CXSPARSE libraries:            -lcxsparse -lsuitesparseconfig
  DL libraries:
  FFTW3 libraries:               -lfftw3_threads -lfftw3
  FFTW3F libraries:              -lfftw3f_threads -lfftw3f
  FLTK libraries:                -lfltk_gl -lfltk
  fontconfig libraries:          -lfontconfig -lfreetype
  FreeType2 libraries:           -lfreetype
  GLPK libraries:                -lglpk
  HDF5 libraries:                -lhdf5
  Java libraries:
  KLU libraries:                 -lklu -lsuitesparseconfig
  LAPACK libraries:              -llapack
  LLVM libraries:
  Magick++ libraries:            -lGraphicsMagick++ -lGraphicsMagick
  OpenGL libraries:              -lGL -lGLU
  PCRE libraries:                -lpcre
  PortAudio libraries:           -lportaudio -lwinmm -lm
  PTHREAD libraries:
  QHULL libraries:               -lqhull
  QRUPDATE libraries:            -lqrupdate
Qt GUI libraries: -lQt5Network -lQt5PrintSupport -lQt5Help -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Sql -lQt5Xml -lQt5Core -lqscintilla2-qt5 Qt OpenGL libraries: -lQt5OpenGL -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core
  READLINE libraries:            -lreadline
  Sndfile libraries:             -lsndfile
  SuiteSparse config libraries:  -lsuitesparseconfig
  SUNDIALS IDA libraries:        -lsundials_ida
  SUNDIALS NVECTOR libraries:    -lsundials_nvecserial
  TERM libraries:                -lncurses
  UMFPACK libraries:             -lumfpack -lamd -lsuitesparseconfig
  X11 libraries:                 -lX11
  Z libraries:                   -lz

Regards
Marco