This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue while running Cygwin scripts when Cylance is installed
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at Shaw dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Dasharatham Manda <Dasharatham dot Manda at non dot se dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:29:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: Issue while running Cygwin scripts when Cylance is installed
- References: <AM6PR04MB5063F04C3C69020CA2CC145CD70D0@AM6PR04MB5063.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com> <CAK+zucnmjj9efD-o=GUe4daq77OrOnXEPmU=Vd0UixLeE+Szeg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at Shaw dot ca
On 2020-01-21 23:36, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 9:26 PM Dasharatham Manda wrote:
This is a volunteer project mailing list not an organization.
>> I am getting the below issue when running any script where Cylance
>> Protector is installed.
>> $ ./install_services.sh --uninstall-postgres
>> 1 [main] bash 529 C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxboro\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: ***
>> fatal error - MapViewOfFileEx 'cygpid.528'(0x33C), Win32 error 5.
>> Is there any resolution for this.
AV problems are the responsibility of the Cygwin user.
> Whitelist Bash and other software in Cylance.
> If your admin controls the Cylance, ask him/her/them to whitelist is in the
> Cylance server.
You must bypass checking for everything under the Cygwin install directory.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple