Re: Request package updates for Poppler, Subversion and Git

Hi Achim,

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 at 17:50, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Am 22.12.2019 um 13:50 schrieb Adam Dinwoodie:
> > Acknowledged for Git. I'll try and get a new release out before the new year.
>
> Keep in mind you will then have to re-do it just after the new year for
> the Perl update.

Just realised I hadn't replied to this, sorry!

On the apps list, on the topic of package updates for the Perl switch, you said

> Git isn't affected because it sets up @INC itself and doesn't have
> architecture-specific modules.

I'd therefore been assuming that I didn't need to worry about syncing
a Git release with the Perl update; have I misunderstood what's going
on here?

Adam

PS: I am once again battling a bunch of test failures, as I prefer to
not release a Git build with undiagnosed failures in the test suite
when it's the official Cygwin distribution. I'm slowly working my way
through the problems, but there is ongoing progress on getting a new
release out.