This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Request package updates for Poppler, Subversion and Git
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:54:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: Request package updates for Poppler, Subversion and Git
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CA+kUOan-BZWcmYP2w+WuKoK5PwLsU7paZm2_+0JCigC2PKLKDw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 at 17:50, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 22.12.2019 um 13:50 schrieb Adam Dinwoodie:
> > Acknowledged for Git. I'll try and get a new release out before the new year.
> Keep in mind you will then have to re-do it just after the new year for
> the Perl update.
Just realised I hadn't replied to this, sorry!
On the apps list, on the topic of package updates for the Perl switch, you said
> Git isn't affected because it sets up @INC itself and doesn't have
> architecture-specific modules.
I'd therefore been assuming that I didn't need to worry about syncing
a Git release with the Perl update; have I misunderstood what's going
PS: I am once again battling a bunch of test failures, as I prefer to
not release a Git build with undiagnosed failures in the test suite
when it's the official Cygwin distribution. I'm slowly working my way
through the problems, but there is ongoing progress on getting a new
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple