Re: subversion-1.11.1-1+libserf1_0-1.3.9-1: Segfault after failed connect + empty serf debug package

On 1/1/2020 9:57 AM, Christian Franke wrote:
> Subversion segfaults with null instruction pointer after a failed
> connect. This affects the http and https protocols but not the svn
> protocol.
> Related report: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2019-11/msg00126.html

I can reproduce this issue, but I don't anticipate investigating it.

I have yet to package the latest Subversion release. I no longer use
Subversion and the build process is quite complicated. Maintaining the
Cygwin port has always been near the limits of my abilities, and since I
no longer use Subversion, I've simply lost interest.

If you would like to take over maintenance of Subversion, I'd be happy
to support you as much as I can. ;-)

> There is no easy way for further debugging. A serf-debuginfo package
> exists, but its tarball is empty...

serf switched to scons as a build platform. scons is written in Python
and aims to replace autoconf/automake. scons knew nothing about Cygwin
when serf switched to it, so I had to teach it to build Cygwin stuff. I
am NOT a Python programmer, but I managed to get it working. Well,
everything except the debug packages.

If you know Python, please have a try fixing it.

Otherwise, you can rebuild serf from source with debugging enabled and
without stripping the symbols. There's a section of the .cygport file
commented out to do this.

Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side?  And hain't that a big
enough majority in any town?
                -- Mark Twain, "Huckleberry Finn"