This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin mingw crosscompiler / readline bug
- From: Alexander Voropay <alec at sensi dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 00:59:30 +0300
- Subject: Re: cygwin mingw crosscompiler / readline bug
- References: <CAGqcPWC7T_FHmS1+nRgAA56fUoWNOk1LuCqkOqb4FG=Zgkx5Qg@mail.gmail.com>
> I'm trying to compile a standalone Windows-32 console application
> using 'readline' with cygwin's 'i686-w64-mingw32-gcc' crosscompiler.
> I have a bug: readline repeates every input line to STDOUT on
> Windows-32 application (running from the CMD.EXE, outside a Cygwin)
'readline' library requires terminal-specific functions like
and should be linked with old-good 'libtermcap' (not provides with Cygwin now)
or with more recent curses library i.e. 'ncurses' or 'pdcurses'.
On the Cygwin's 'i686-w64-mingw32-gcc' crosscompiler 'libreadline' depends
on the 'ncurses' which has special support for Win32 console 'terminal'.
To enable Win32 console support set a TERM environment:
(yes! with # character)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple