This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable errors after upgrading cygwin packages
- From: Peter Dons Tychsen <pdt at dontech dot dk>
- To: David Finnie <david dot finnie68 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 22:58:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable errors after upgrading cygwin packages
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: pdt at dontech dot dk
On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 10:43 +1100, David Finnie wrote:
> I did as Ken suggested and reverted to 3.0.7-1. (Thanks, Ken !)
> That has fixed the issue for me, and the make it now running again
> full speed. I forgot to mention that it did seem somewhat slower
> the new version of cygwin.
I second this. I have the exact same problem on some of my setups.
Reverting to 3.0.7-1 also fixes it for me. Without reverting i get
stuck in processes all the time (especially with make -jx). Also the
slowdown seems apparent here, even though that is not my biggest
concern ATM, but hanging build servers are :-).
My guess would also be the fork changes, even though i have zero proof
so far. Have not had time to debug.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple