This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: output of ls / grep corrupted in cygwin 3.1.2-1 (x64) under conemu
- From: Takashi Yano <takashi dot yano at nifty dot ne dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 00:04:53 +0900
- Subject: Re: output of ls / grep corrupted in cygwin 3.1.2-1 (x64) under conemu
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 conssluserg-04.nifty.com 001F4ibd026715
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 15:55:15 +0100
Hartmut Bartels wrote:
> I am running win10 Pro 1903 x64.
> After update to cygwin 3.1.2-1 for the x64 Version
> the command "ls-l" misses the <CR> running in Conemu.
> There is a <LF> for every new line, but the new line starts in position
> where the line before finished, just 1 line deeper. This is true using
> cygwin in the conemu version 191012 and also cmder and cmdermini.
> If I start a plain MS console cmd.exe the output looks good.
> The error also occoures for grep command. Others I did not test.
> I tested also cygwin 3.1.2-1 under win7 Pro. Here everything works in
> cygwin 32 bit and 64 bit.
> Installing previous version cygwin 3.0.7-1 shows correct output
> for conemu, cmder and cmd.exe.
> Any help appreciated.
This is because ConEmu does not support DISABLE_NEWLINE_AUTO_RETURN.
Cygwin 3.1.2-1 uses this feature which is supported by command
prompt on Win10 1703 or later.
and comment on line 1188 in
Takashi Yano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple