Re: Bug reporting

On 2019-11-29 05:02, Andrew Schulman via cygwin wrote:
>>> Brian gave you a very polite and helpful reply. But you didn't do your part
>>> by asking a reasonable question. You didn't even tell us what you were
>>> trying to compile, or bother to write a useful subject to your email! With
>>> a question like that, don't expect a useful answer. You got one anyway.
>> Some from other cultures may not have sufficient understanding of our culture,
>> or command of the language, to realize that this is a volunteer project, or be
>> polite by our standards.
> You're right of course. I should be more patient.

It has taken decades of beating downs with ridiculous tickets and support calls,
to stop me reaching for and wielding the clue stick vigorously.
People are so clueless, they don't know what having a clue is.
So try to teach them how to deal with issues, so they don't have to ask the same
questions again, and have an approach for similar questions.
My favourites are the annual application users: I ran something a year ago and
it doesn't work this year.