This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any chance of updating the ocaml package?
- From: David Allsopp <David dot Allsopp at cl dot cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Andy Li <andy at onthewings dot net>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 15:15:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: Any chance of updating the ocaml package?
- References: <CAM-5HMtZ_Rv1cONJWF=n9dO7GKe449dqsvuOrJfgHDe1bQ7Aeg@mail.gmail.com>
On 28 Nov 2019, at 15:09, Andy Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> The ocaml package is a bit dated.
> The currently packaged version is 4.04.2, released Jun 23, 2017.
> The latest ocaml version is 4.09.0, released Sep 18, 2019.
> It would be great to have it updated.
There’s a problem which needs to be fixed in flexdll which prevents OCaml working properly on Cygwin64 at the moment. When we’ve fixed that, it’ll be possible to update the OCaml package. In the meantime, on Cygwin32, opam works to provide the more recent versions.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple