This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- From: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Cc: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 10:14:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- References: <CAFWoy7HYNfvGNW0w3AQkZ3zXy7r11Cj=cpN873iqjUi0d5K_aA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On 2019-11-14 21:31, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 11/14/2019 2:32 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
> > The "boxes" command fails to run on a Cygwin64 install two weeks ago.
> > echo "hello" | /usr/bin/boxes
> > boxes: No such file or directory
> Running boxes under strace shows that it is trying to open a file named "-" and
> exiting because that file doesn't exist.
> The version of boxes in the Cygwin distro is very old, so I don't think it's
> worth the trouble to debug this. I just downloaded and built the latest
> release, and it seems to work fine.
> I've added the boxes maintainer to the Cc in case he wants to update the package.
Fixed. Latest release uploaded.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple