This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 02:14:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cornell.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cornell.edu; dkim=pass header.d=cornell.edu; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=O7FYn3FNFNyqEDrhUwIpbdgztuYy6LSavhDBlm4EuGU=; b=Jl2yEpbX2ug1Xpyvzq1aLYViIJHLgvPHUQvPOWLBGNzxhLFhd35fcfIal4gOqYJwmqZb/LoLXl80BRnMU/BZSBjj7z4eunWDT+AwhjJY3XndbeYxX4Wo5KLDZtm3WxeCx4So0IlcDctvvykSIw7+OGsGgBJBvLKRs3M+P33lB8D78bDUxJO0tNjFv2078FJGqHlbTELCHUo7R38dZcbYIASldjRwrnFcHeV46HUg3YVXmnAJEWc1e8QOlUedja13RkBufl6nxQV/3dsJZozusQM1oNvcynnEXcktoog98YAHaIKtnFbQ4h/5vgzLpe962/YEy5j2/44DkfuLFW8BVA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=BKfR8vKzgX2QK1BpjYhGIT0So3TLHWsXZsaEiIbXoKEYVomf5ZKvbj9JYAMkCTa8qXsDsKKkEflIxDS+ofjmZulXBoqkytZnE+8h5yyMohlbSNqQyn9dzvMSZF+h8zuUrtjaR8hhp6ERgdXtHTqubkz6b5aIWjCUSsyARZ/f6Lvmp5KZS/HXSNAtW8QQSqfWinrmqTqr6HTI4SAu9q0A1WqJ3iye5avAgk1ypATHBTvrPzxdRKdJug9SzeJqktJU2oX189qPr+LGuqhEGBNsFFf0UpORcBZWcTUmRwMQTh0FSb419CJOrFyobwetUGoAa7uXUxigusTwyJItqKjbQA==
- References: <CAFWoy7HYNfvGNW0w3AQkZ3zXy7r11Cj=cpN873iqjUi0d5K_aA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAFWoy7EunE-u_jiV16qtBmsq1NrZF6vOwGUpTZbs9smeSt0Msg@mail.gmail.com>
On 11/14/2019 8:36 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:32 PM Ken Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 11/14/2019 2:32 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
>>> The "boxes" command fails to run on a Cygwin64 install two weeks ago.
>>> echo "hello" | /usr/bin/boxes
>>> boxes: No such file or directory
>> Running boxes under strace shows that it is trying to open a file named "-" and
>> exiting because that file doesn't exist.
>> The version of boxes in the Cygwin distro is very old, so I don't think it's
>> worth the trouble to debug this. I just downloaded and built the latest
>> release, and it seems to work fine.
>> I've added the boxes maintainer to the Cc in case he wants to update the package.
> Boxes had been working well in 32 bit Cygwin, I recently upgraded to a
> WIndows 10 computer and decided to try 64 bit Cygwin as a fresh
> install on the new machine. "boxes" hasn't worked since the 32 to 64
> bit change.
I just tested it on 32-bit Cygwin, and it does indeed work. So the bug is
specific to the 64-bit build.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple