This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- From: Keith Christian <keith1christian at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:36:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: "/usr/bin/boxes" command fails to run, Windows 10, CYGWIN_NT-10.0 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64
- References: <CAFWoy7HYNfvGNW0w3AQkZ3zXy7r11Cj=cpN873iqjUi0d5K_aA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:32 PM Ken Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 11/14/2019 2:32 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
> > The "boxes" command fails to run on a Cygwin64 install two weeks ago.
> > echo "hello" | /usr/bin/boxes
> > boxes: No such file or directory
> Running boxes under strace shows that it is trying to open a file named "-" and
> exiting because that file doesn't exist.
> The version of boxes in the Cygwin distro is very old, so I don't think it's
> worth the trouble to debug this. I just downloaded and built the latest
> release, and it seems to work fine.
> I've added the boxes maintainer to the Cc in case he wants to update the package.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Boxes had been working well in 32 bit Cygwin, I recently upgraded to a
WIndows 10 computer and decided to try 64 bit Cygwin as a fresh
install on the new machine. "boxes" hasn't worked since the 32 to 64
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple