Re: Cygwin command line download issue

On 10/22/2019 8:33 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> [Please don't top-post on this list.]
>
> On 10/22/2019 3:42 PM, Jim Rather wrote:
>> I only get two lines in setup.log.full with regards to crypto-policies
>>
>> Found category Base in package crypto-policies
>> Added manual package crypto-policies
>
> setup.log.full contains information only about the most recent run of setup.
> That's why I suggested looking in both setup.log and setup.log.full.
>
>> I am confused, this script has worked faithfully for at least a year. I just emptied by %cyg_dir% and re-ran it. Afterwards, I am missing many basic packages like alternatives, bash, etc. so I am not sure what has changed and welcome any suggestions.
>
> Once again, setup.log and setup.log.full should provide some clues.

One other thing: I notice that your setup command line doesn't set the
installation root directory.  By default, setup will use whatever root it used
on its last run.  So if you previously used setup to install Cygwin, setup will
look at /etc/setup/installed.db to see what you have installed.  It won't
re-download the installed packages.

If you want to force download, I think you need to use --root to specify a
directory in which Cygwin is not already installed.

Ken