Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin 3.1.0-0.6 (TEST)

On 10/16/19 4:35 PM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:07:22 +0200
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>>> haubi@linuxbox ~ $ ssh -t cygwin2016 hostname; hostname; ssh -t cygwin2016 hostname
>
> By the way, why do you specify -t option for ssh?
> Without -t option, that will work as you expected.

Using ssh here is just the sample.  The real project is the Gentoo
Linux package manager named "portage", which does open a PTY for each
build task.  I'm not into it's details, but my guess is to have more
control over some package's build system beyond just redirecting stdin,
stdout and stderr.

/haubi/

PS: In case you wonder why using a Linux package manager on Cygwin:
There is the Gentoo Prefix subproject, that allows to install and manage
the Gentoo package set within some directory without the need for chroot
or even root permission, on top of any POSIXish platform, not just Linux.