Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin 3.1.0-0.6 (TEST)

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:43:56 +0200
Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> I'm encountering another strange behaviour I do not remember to have seen before:
>
> Using ssh from some Linux xterm into the Cygwin sshd running on Server 2019
> does clear the current terminal content as if /usr/bin/clear was executed.

This is intentional behaviour.

The pseudo console has its own screen buffer behind, and redraws
the screen based on the screen buffer at undetermined timing.
The screen buffer is empty at the beginning, so the screen should
be cleared at the opening of the pty so that the real screen and
the screen buffer are synchronozed.

The clear screen is prevented when TERM=dumb, so you can see what
happens if clear screen is not done by following steps.

1)  Execute ls or ps to draw something to screen.
2) env TERM=dumb ssh <cygwin-hostname>
3) Execute cmd.exe.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>