Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST: Cygwin 3.1.0-0.3

[CC Takashi]

On Aug 29 22:15, Biswapriyo Nath wrote:
> On Thursday, August 29, 2019, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>
> wrote:
> > Support the new pseudo console in PTY. Pseudo console is a new feature
>  in Windows 10 1809, which provides console APIs on virtual terminal.
>
> Some queries about this specific feature:

Please note that this is very likely not the final version.  I'm
planning for a release end of october or early november so there's
still lots of time to fix issues.  However, this is a great new feature
which needs good testing, that's why we do these test releases.

> 1a. In fhandler_pty_mater::ioctl function, shouldn't the function pointer
> be checked before use? Also what the FIXME says, isn't clear. Any hint?

Yeah, right.  What happens on pre-W10 1809 systems?  They probably
crash on TIOCSWINSZ.  See below.

> 1b. GetModuleHandle and GetProcessHeap is called several times. Wouldn't be
> it easier to get all the pseudo console function pointers in one
> constructor?

In terms of GetModuleHandle/GetProcAddress the right thing to do is to
use the autoload feature, i.e., add the functions to autoload.cc like
this:

  LoadDLLfuncEx (ClosePseudoConsole, 4, kernel32, 1)
  LoadDLLfuncEx (CreatePseudoConsole, 20, kernel32, 1)
  LoadDLLfuncEx (ResizePseudoConsole, 8, kernel32, 1)

If the function call returns FALSE with GetLastError() ==
ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND, then the function is not available.

Takashi, I didn't actually notice the usage of the Windows heap here.
The usual method is to use a tls_pbuf buffer, and rather than
using MultiByteToWideChar/WideCharToMultiByte, use sys_mbstowcs/
sys_wcstombs.

Also, can you please change the camelback names in class tty_min to
underscored writing, e.g., term_codepage rather than TermCodePage?

> 2. There are many defined values are added but those are also present in
> mingw-w64 current git repo. For example, ENABLE_VIRTUAL_TERMINAL_PROCESSING.

We can only use what's part of the current w32api-headers package.

> 3. I can't reproduce this issue with exact steps. But when I zoom in/out +
> resize mintty window + execute cmd.exe in mintty in some random order it
> crashed. Here is the error:
>
> [main] D:\Cygwin64\bin\bash 1129
> fhandler_pty_slave::push_to_pcon_screenbuffer: pty0: pcon_attach
> mismatch?????? (0x18035DBD0)

Takashi?

Thanks,
Corinna