This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug with grep 3.0.2 in cygwin 3.0.7
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: akiki at free dot fr, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:08:11 +0300
- Subject: Re: bug with grep 3.0.2 in cygwin 3.0.7
- References: <1910922536.1217465852.1566975322390.JavaMail.email@example.com> <1207614124.1217647925.1566976580120.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I encounter some problem with grep option -E on cygwin 3.0.7
> echo "a^b" | grep "a^b" #answer a^b ie it's OK
> echo "a^b" | grep -E "a^b" #answer nothing " for me it's KO
That's an expected result of an impossible constraint.
> I have to backslash ^ to be OK like : grep -E 'a\^b'
> Is-it a bug ?
> I don't know if all versions of cygwin and grep are concerned.
RTFM, this is regexp basics.
With best regards,
Thursday, August 29, 2019 22:07:04
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple