Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST: Cygwin 3.1.0-0.1

On Aug 11 09:27, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Corinna Vinschen (Fri, 9 Aug 2019 20:53:38 +0200)
> > I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 3.1.0-0.1
> >
> > This release comes with a couple of new features and quite a few
> > bug fixes.
> >
> > The most interesting change, courtesy Ken Brown, is a revamp of the
> > old FIFO code.  It should now be possible to open FIFOs multiple times
> > for writing, something the old code failed on.
> >

> > Please test.
>
> I've noticed two things in connection with pspg
> (https://github.com/okbob/pspg) - a pager for tables:

Nobody from the dev team uses this application, afaics.

To help tracking down the cause for the problems, can you bisect
Cygwin or at least check which of the snapshots from
http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/ introduces the problem?

> 1. Configuring the source takes ages (for instance "checking
> whether the C compiler works..."). This is only in ConEmu, not
> in MinTTY.
>
> 2. Pager output is completely distorted:
>
> Before:
> > SELECT ArtistId FROM Chinook.dbo.Album WHERE ArtistId = 78
> +------------+
> | ArtistId   |
> |------------|
> | 78         |
> +------------+
> (1 row affected)
> Time: 0.356s
>
> After:
> > SELECT ArtistId FROM Chinook.dbo.Album WHERE ArtistId = 78
> +------------+
>               | ArtistId   |
>                             |------------|
>                                           | 78         |

If this all occurs in ConEmu only, it may be one of the end of March
patches which may introduce incompatibilities with ConEmu's Windows
API hooking, but that's just a blind guess:

  6a06c6bc8f84 Cygwin: console: fix key input for native console application
  f4b47827cf87 Cygwin: console: Make I/O functions thread-safe
  8382778cdb57 Cygwin: console: fix select() behaviour
  bd627864ab41 Cygwin: console: support 24 bit color

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen