Re: Openldap 2.4.48-1 vs my company's pki

David Goldberg writes:
> I updated openldap from 2.4.42-1 to 2.4.48-1 this morning and now
> ldapsearch will not connect, complaining that the server provided
> certificate is self signed. I have set up /etc/pki with my company's
> certificate chain and that allows 2.4.42-1 (and earlier) and other
> applications to properly authenticate local services.

The PKI layout was slightly changed a while ago and the newer openssl
library used by the fresh openldap build may not pick up on the old
locations anymore.  What you should do is place the certificates into
the /etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors/ directory, then run

# update-ca-trust extract

which should correctly populate the directories that the libaries and
applications use.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: