This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression (last snapshot)
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 12:46:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Regression (last snapshot)
- References: <20190722164509.GG21169@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20190729084552.GL11632@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20190729134700.GO11632@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20190729152327.GQ11632@calimero.vinschen.de> <20190729154049.GR11632@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 12:03:34, Houder wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 15:53:27, Ken Brown wrote:
> > I've made some progress. It turns out that the problem only occurs in terminals
> > launched from the xwin-xdg-menu tray icon. I can even launch a mintty window
> > from that icon (System Tools -> Cygwin Terminal) and I'll see the problem. On
> > the other hand, I can launch an xterm without using that icon (e.g., 'DISPLAY=:0
> > xterm -l&' from a mintty window) and I won't see the problem.
> No one confirmed your problem, as described in your initial posting. Did nobody
> care, or did the problem only exist at your place?
> I became curious ...
> I do not use X! (on Cygwin).
> Therefore I created a separate (basic) Cygwin installation, where I added xinit,
> xorg-server and xterm only!
> Next I started xterm as follows:
> 64-++ startx /usr/bin/xterm -geometry 140x50+530+180 -- -rootless
> The problem occured when using cywin1.dll 0712 (as expected), but not when using
> cygwin1.dll 3.0.7 or cygwin1.dll 0722.
> I concluded, that your problem does not occur w/ a "basic" X configuration.
I referred to 'ls complaining', not to 'grep complaining' ...
I never noticed grep complaining!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple