This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin can not be compiled with gcc 8.3.0
On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 22:33:20, Biswapriyo Nath wrote:
> > cygwin is built using cygport ...
> Is there any docs about it? I don't find the cygwin.cygport file in source
> tree. Also I don't use source tarballs, git is my first choice. Also the
> configure script or Makefile didn't warn me that I've not that cygport
Documents about using cygport? Well, sort of ...
Using (Cygwin) git as starting point?
- git is 'bleeding edge' (unstable by definition)
- No, not present in git ... (not present in the git for newlib-cygwin)
- a cygwin source tarball (to be found on any Cygwin mirror) is composed
of a tarball, which represents git at a 'specific moment' in time plus
the cygwin.cygport file
- specific moment? Look for the 'cygwin-3_x_y' tags in git ...
cygport build/ cygport package
- the cygport build system is basically a wrapper around autoconf etc.
(and build systems like cmake)
- i.e. configure, make (Makefile) do not know about cygport
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple