tar 1.29 exclude bug

The latest version of tar in Cygwin is currently 1.29, which contains a bug in how it handles excludes. I was able to get around my particular problem by rolling back to 1.28. However, 1.29 is about three years old and there are much newer versions available. Does anyone have any idea when tar 1.32 will be implemented?