This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.9
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.9
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:02:47, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> mintty requires: bash cygwin
I remember some discussion that the cygwin dependency, which most
packages have, should not (or does not need to be) listed.
And in fact, mintty does not depend on bash. Why does cygport think so?
Uh, Mintty definitely *does* depend on Bash, what makes you think it doesnt?
As a simple test case, rename Bash and try to run Mintty. You get this:
Failed to run '/bin/bash': No such file or directory
/bin/bash: Exit 126.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple