Re: cat.exe failing silently with exit status 3

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 21:55, Chris Wagner <> wrote:

> Hi all.  A few days ago I noticed that cat.exe was failing without
> printing any output or errors and exiting with status 3.  I tried
<snip>

Please show us the output of these three commands

uname -a
which -a cat
file $( which -a cat )

Also attach the text file created by "cygcheck -svr >
cygcheck-svr.txt" to your reply as a text file. (Note, this can take a
while to run.)

HTH,
Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com